Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Good Day

I think over this summer there are going to be good days and not so good days - please notice that I didn't say bad days! I want all days to be good, but some will be harder than others.

Yesterday was one of the good ones. My wonderful Mother-in-Law arrived yesterday. What a blessing to me to have her here. I truly love her and admire her example of service. She will be here for about a week and will be returning here and there over the summer. My kids are sooo excited to have Grandma Cox here! It really is a treat for them.

I got to go to Hyrum's baseball game yesterday. He pitched the second inning. He has a great windup and pitch. It's funny because you can tell a good pitcher at this age when another kid hits off it and sure enough at least one kid did. It was so cool! The weather was perfect and I got to enjoy being outside with my friends.

After taking a nap we went to the Ward Talent Show. There were quite a few performances. A few girls did a Hawaiian-type of dance, there were ukelele performances and the cutest 4 year old got up and did a rocking version of The Itsy-Bitsy-Spider. Faith sang the song, "This is Me" from Disney's Camp Rock and Vilate followed with reading 2 stories, one that she and Faith worked on together and one that she wrote and illustrated herself. Finishing up the night was my request. David and his band performed 5 Beatles numbers. They had been planning to perform and then I got sick. They had called it off. I was so sad. I had been looking forward to it for months. So, on Friday when David told me I could have anything that I wanted or needed - he would find a way to get whatever for me - I told him all I wanted was to be able to hear his band. He immediately got on the phone and called all the guys. He told them my request and they were in! The 4 big kids were away for the night on Friday at various friend's homes and so once the little ones were in bed Dave went to practice. On Saturday after the baseball games Dave put me to bed and headed over to set up and do a sound check. After the sound check Dave came home and picked all of us up. It was great that my family was able to come also. There was a great turn out at the ward activity and we had a great night. I was really tired, but I am so grateful that I got to go.

Yesterday was a good day and I am so glad that I was able to do all that I wanted to.

***Side note here for the Cox fam...I AM going to Yosemite. We have been able to schedule my chemo treatments around it and the oncology nurse said that she thought it will be a great idea for me to get away at that point in my treatments. She said I will need relaxation and there is no better place than Yosemite!!! YAY!!!!

9 comments:

Mary Child said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tami said...

yay for yosemite! and wish we could've seen Dave doing the Beatles! so fun.

Anonymous said...

Hello Kaci! Just had to tell you how inspiring your attitude is. I just love you to pieces. Thanks for letting us share your battle, it is humbling, inspiring, motivating, and moving. Like Mary just wrote, I realize how much I DIDN'T do until now. Hopefully I can help you in some small way. Sure love you! Always have, will continue to do so. YOU CAN WIN!! love you, carrie

Jenny said...

I love reading all of your updates. You are an inspiration to all and are an amazing example to others including to your 6 amazing children.
But, tell us something we didn't already know.

Have a blast in Yosemite and be careful of the bears!! I'm sure you are soooo excited!

David and Janalee said...

I am glad you had a good day. I had one too- a very busy one but a good one. I am learning so much from you- I knew how strong you were from all those crazy RS days we spent together, but truly you amaze me with the strength you have to take this on and overcome it. I know you are scared and I know there will be bad days, but the good thing about that is that even through all of that you will still be wonderfully crazy Kaci and do it all with the best smile you can muster. I really admire that about you and I always have. You have changed me this past week as I have watched you navigate this whole mess with grace. I love you and admire you more that I could ever show you, but I sure am going to try to show you just how much.
Hugs to you and to your incredible family,
Janalee

Eric and Sierra said...

Hey Kaci, I just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking and praying or you. You gave me the best advice when you said to say "it's a good full" when someone says, "wow your arms are full." You always look on the bright side of everything. I would love to help you out in anyway, Oh and congrats getting you AA!!

Karen said...

Kaci, I stumbled onto your blog the other day. It is touching and uplifting to read. Our prayers are with you! My mom (Age 93) remembered to fast with your ward yesterday. She only had water with her medicine. Thank you for sharing your journey. With love to you and Dave and your beautiful children!

Mary Child said...

After re-reading that first comment I left, I realize it was a bit too personal, so I just want to say that we love you, we're praying for you, and we're hoping for the very best. Keep thinking positively, and know that there are many prayers being offered on your behalf. Take care, and DO enjoy Yosemite!

Meg and Ted said...

Meg and I wanted to join the "comment crew" and offer our support in any way possible. We have been out of town for a few days but have been checking your blog constantly and checking in non-stop with mom cox for updates. Just want you to know we are here praying for you guys and are humbled by your faith. You have always been an example of faith and service to us. Let us know how we can be of service to you in any way. Looking forward to seeing all the COX CLAN in Yosemite!